Useful hints & tips from Steam Bright Floor & Carpet Care !
Floor Care Tips:
- After a floor has been stripped and finished, it's best to allow 24 hours of cure time before laying down any area rugs or floor mats.
- Dragging any items across newly finished floors is not recommended. The fresh finish is likely to be damaged.
- Hair dye and nail polish will stain the finish on your floor that can only be repaired by an additional strip and wax process. If such a spill is to occur, quickly dab the liquid with an absorbent cloth with out smearing or smudging the affected area.
- Avoid cleaning any finished floor surface with dish soap. Dish soap will dull the finish, creating a haze that will remain until the next strip and wax.
- If you have office chairs on your finished floors, we recommend the use of floor protecting mats under them. Wheels on office chairs can do a considerable amount of damage to the finish over time.
More tips coming soon !